Hi folks! The other day, I made a post discussing that I was having trouble finding certain volunteers to help out, or finding funding to pay people to do it. I discussed the notion of crowdfunding the funds to go into the site, and that’s what I’ve decided to try.
As a result, I present to you, the Gendrr GoFundMe page.
Gendrr is a project I started around December 2013 to create an open social network platform for gender-variant people. The intention is for it to be a community-driven and -regulated project that allows people to connect with one another, share experiences and discuss a variety of topics, within a safe and managed environment.
Initially, a survey was put out to find out what features and aspects people most wanted. I received a lot of feedback, and immediately started working on the project. I also received a large number of volunteers in several fields. Unfortunately, work stalled, because there were not enough volunteers in several crucial fields to complete the project.
I continued to monitor interest, and I believe people are still interested in seeing this reach completion. As such, I would like to find the opportunity to pay people in the areas where we have not recieved volunters, however, this requires the project to be funded, which is something I cannot personally afford beyond the initial funding I’ve already laid out. Where possible, we will find help from people who are a part of our community, and in most cases, the funds from the project that we use to pay these people will be helping with their living and transition costs, something which we all know can be hard to raise.
As a result, I appeal to the community to help fund this project and see it through to completion. I have offered several reward levels, and more may be added as I find volunteers willing to help me make new rewards. Every single person who donates will be thanked by name, handle or username (their choice) on a special thanks page within the site - regardless of how much you donate or what level (if any) you choose.
I know not everyone has a lot of money floating around, but if you would be at all interested in seeing this project completed, please consider donating even a little bit - it helps! :)
We have a few donation levels which will get you some interesting stuff once the site launches, although I’m still considering other things I can do to add additional levels. (If anyone has any suggestions or contributions, please let me know! :D)
Every single donation, no matter how big or small, will receive our thanks on a page of the site dedicated to exactly that purpose. Any excess money that is raised from this that doesn’t get spent on deploying the site itself will be donated to a charity or fund that I will take a vote on, to pass the money on to other projects or people.
I would greatly appreciate it if you could spread this around, signal boost it, tweet it, Facebook it, whatever! Any and all help, monetary or otherwise, will be greatly appreciated in getting this project finally launched!
1218 Notes/ Hide
- just-ambling-along reblogged this from nonbinaryparenting
- octopusrainbows reblogged this from aliceofblunderland
- aliceofblunderland reblogged this from gendrr
- seaniepop reblogged this from bisexual-books
- celebigender reblogged this from lavacrystals
- lavacrystals reblogged this from celebigender
- anad1992 reblogged this from gendrr
- insideabubblethatsomeoneblew likes this
- aboxoftreasures reblogged this from gendrr
- dear-queer reblogged this from fegeleh
- lilqueerdeer reblogged this from gendrr
- elvenslord reblogged this from gendrr
- peridotpassages reblogged this from shutthefuckuptransfundies
- eatsleephavegaysex likes this
- theadverblee reblogged this from soft-oh-keys
- ladyshashan reblogged this from hereperishing
- subgub555 likes this
- chewbaccagaijin reblogged this from tabtotheleft
- thieskeh likes this
- terminallycapricious-honk reblogged this from vantastic-moose
- terminallycapricious-honk likes this
- vantastic-moose reblogged this from bisexual-books
- vantastic-moose likes this
- olucival likes this
- soft-oh-keys reblogged this from bisexual-books
- divinityanddust reblogged this from bisexual-books
- thewretchedking likes this
- chrisjericho reblogged this from bisexual-books
- thedoctorisreal likes this
- bopkaballah likes this
- queeraswolf reblogged this from wandonthewing
- queeraswolf likes this
- fanciful-fandomonium reblogged this from bisexual-books
- rebuilding-a-broken-jamous likes this
- rebuilding-a-broken-jamous reblogged this from bisexual-books
- seaniepop likes this
- glimmer-dragon reblogged this from princecatling
- glimmer-dragon likes this
- wandonthewing reblogged this from bisexual-books
- anjuliewritesstuff reblogged this from bisexual-books
- probabilityjunction likes this
- anjuliewritesstuff likes this
- shia-labuffet likes this
- princecatling reblogged this from fluffixation
- splenda-spell-it-out likes this
- stephaniegrantrogers reblogged this from bisexual-books
- queerknitter reblogged this from bisexual-books
- slimeluigi likes this
- fel-as-in-tumbld reblogged this from terresdebrume